Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs

Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs

Andreas

Posted:
9/21/07 at
2:07:17 PM

Views: 1571

Second coaster for DK next year ... we might soon see a third ...

http://www.djurssommerland.dk/?PageID=440

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 9/21/07 2:27:56 PM

Wow thanks Andreas, it looks to be a similar layout to the Tobu Zoo coaster

> Second coaster for DK next year ... we might soon see a
> third ...

2008 will be a good year for Denmark, the Bakken rocket coaster and now Piraten, two amazing roller coasters, can't wait for a possible third!

HighExtreme

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 9/21/07 2:46:43 PM

Oh, I just wanted to post that.
it really seems to be a clone of the Tobu ride.

If you check the NoLimits simulation of Piraten, it loosk like it will be really fast and wild for a relatively short ride.

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Graeme Graeme Profile at 9/21/07 3:59:48 PM

Awesome!

I always thought the Tobu Zoo ride looked like one of the best designs I've ever seen. You don't need records, just a bloomin' good layout.

We're getting the socks knocked off us at the moment in the UK. The reason European parks get it so right is because they see a good product and build it.

Ask yourself this: would UK parks even realise Troy or Piraten are good rides?

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by junebugg junebugg Profile at 9/21/07 7:03:25 PM

> If you check the NoLimits simulation of Piraten, it loosk
> like it will be really fast and wild for a relatively short
> ride.

It looks like they increased the speed on the No Limits simulation.

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Fraser Fraser Profile at 9/22/07 5:23:45 AM

> Second coaster for DK next year ... we might soon see a
> third ...

3rd..in Tivoli perchance??????
I mean, now you've cruelly closed Louis Tussauds you need another massive attraction to take its place ;)

* This Post Has Been Modified *

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Andreas at 9/22/07 1:37:11 PM

Unfortunately not Tivoli ... :-(

The second one is not Bakkens rocket - that has been postponed - instead it is this one:

http://www.friheden.dk/forlystelser/familie/cobra/

An interesting looking inverted coaster from Ride Tek.

The third - and maybe most exciting - one should hopefully be confirmed very soon ...

A

http://www.friheden.dk/forlystelser/familie/cobra/

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Graeme Graeme Profile at 9/22/07 5:57:52 PM

> http://www.friheden.dk/forlystelser/familie/cobra/ An
> interesting looking inverted coaster from Ride Tek.

So, a 3-inversion, 69ft inverted coaster? Not bad at all.

> The third - and maybe most exciting - one should hopefully
> be confirmed very soon ...

MORE exciting than a junior hypercoaster? This should be good!

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 9/24/07 10:03:11 AM

This is all such great news, and it's these lavvily small parks getting these installations. I was hoping to see if Ride Tek had any other inverts made when I went on RCDB, but apparently this is their first.

One question is lingering though, why are these junior (baby) hypers only have four cars per train? I'd have at least gone five, but that would only be able to increase capacity.

Tim.

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Graeme Graeme Profile at 9/24/07 10:46:22 AM

> One question is lingering though, why are these junior
> (baby) hypers only have four cars per train? I'd have at
> least gone five, but that would only be able to increase
> capacity.

Oh, do they? That's even better! I prefer short trains because there's less difference between the front and back.

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Fraser Fraser Profile at 9/24/07 3:04:19 PM

More pirates!

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Graeme Graeme Profile at 9/24/07 3:14:34 PM

> More pirates!

Well, it's a timeless theme... ;)

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Andreas at 9/25/07 4:03:49 AM

As for the length of the train, a longer train can actually increase costs quite substantially - both the investment (structural costs because of a heavier train) and operationally (staffing, because you need a lot of employees loading/unloading a long train within the timeframe of such a short ride) ... / A

http://www.djurssommerland.dk/?PageID=440

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Graeme Graeme Profile at 9/25/07 3:21:29 PM

I've just realised, Djurs Sommerland also has Thor's Hammer! A Gerstlauer Bobsled and a Junior Hypercoaster in the same park - you just can't buy great taste like that!

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Fraser Fraser Profile at 9/26/07 4:40:37 AM

> you just can't buy great taste like that!

No you can't! I wish someone would advise Thorpe/Alton that they should be following the European model of "fun and rerideable" rather than the american model of "cumbersome but "record breaking" and set over a carpark."

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Graeme Graeme Profile at 9/26/07 11:24:46 AM

> No you can't! I wish someone would advise Thorpe/Alton that
> they should be following the European model of "fun
> and rerideable" rather than the american model of
> "cumbersome but "record breaking" and set
> over a carpark."

Yeah, I wish UK parks would copy the European parks and the vast majority of American parks. For example, many American parks, like the European ones, have just trusted GCI, CCI, B&M, anyone really, to make a good layout. Put in the "standard" ride, if you like (not off-the-shelf, just the typical product).

UK parks don't seem to actually understand what makes a good ride. Now hypercoasters can be as small as 100ft, I don't know why Thorpe doesn't just get one of them, if they can't get a woodie.

Instead, they seem absolutely desperate to have a gimmick to advertise it with, but when you see how much people enjoy plain good rides, you know they don't need it.

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Cal at 9/27/07 10:58:37 AM

Djurs is a great park too, Graeme - sure you'd like it. It's very family orientated but with nice themeing. They have a Topple Tower as well.

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 9/28/07 11:53:40 AM

> I've just realised, Djurs Sommerland also has Thor's
> Hammer! A Gerstlauer Bobsled and a Junior Hypercoaster in
> the same park - you just can't buy great taste like that!

I second that! What an investment too. Oh and Andreas, thanks for the info on the short trains, much appreciated. :)

Tim.

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Graeme Graeme Profile at 11/8/07 8:19:39 AM

OK, the three Danish coasters are:

Djurs Sommerland - Intamin junior hyper (Piraten)
Farup Sommerland - Gerstlauer launched coaster
Tivoli Friheden - Ride Tek inverted coaster (Cobra)

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 12/18/07 11:15:08 AM

Although its got a bit of a drab colour-scheme, here are some nice construction pics:
http://tinyurl.com/3yew4n

Those twisting zig-zag hills look insanely funny.

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 12/18/07 12:29:53 PM

> Although its got a bit of a drab colour-scheme, here are
> some nice construction pics:
> http://tinyurl.com/3yew4n Those twisting zig-zag hills
> look insanely funny.

Wow that's really coming on fast, it looks like its going to be a fantastic ride

I hope we can expect the same standard of themeing that's present in the rest of the park, i think if they did the theme to the same standard of Thor's Hammer, they could make their clone extra special

> A Gerstlauer Bobsled and a Junior Hypercoaster in the same park

Think we need a URF field trip ;)

HighExtreme

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/19/07 10:25:04 AM

I feel strongly that this is a coaster people will ride and love.

> Think we need a URF field trip ;)

Maybe we could go from Great Yarmouth's port in the future!

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 12/19/07 8:00:53 PM

There's footage of Piraten on Youtube, it's with NL, but it looked kind of bumpy, but that's from the animation I assume. This looks like it's going to be a fun ride, a gigglecoaster, if I may say that (where you laugh through the entire ride).

Surely the UK could gimmick one of these coasters, like any park would... tallest or fastest in the region.

Tim.

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Graeme Graeme Profile at 12/20/07 8:53:24 AM

> Surely the UK could gimmick one of these coasters, like any
> park would... tallest or fastest in the region.

Yeah, good idea. I even think it's enough to say "The park's biggest and fastest ride ever", which is what Paultons did. As long as you market it well, everyone who likes coasters within at least the 2-hour catchment area is going to want to try it out.

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 12/21/07 12:38:50 AM

Well that's exactly it! The thought of Paultons with one of these would just be mind blowing! Here in the Great White North, we have the advantage with Wonderland, everything can be the first or the tallest in Canada. May not mean much to the enthusiast kingdom, but it would bring in the crowds.

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by hatt at 1/9/08 3:24:23 AM

New construction pictures

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by Graeme Graeme Profile at 1/17/08 9:28:56 AM

Looks extremely steep. 70-degrees, I see.

Also, RCDB is calling this and Kawasemi a "Mega-Lite".

Re: Intamin Junior Hyper for Djurs by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 2/6/08 9:52:54 AM

image shamelessly stolen from ThemeParkDenmark.dk

ThemeParkDenmark.dk have uploaded some amazing photos of Piraten

Here's the link to the full gallery from the end of last month, looks to be nearly ready

This has got to be the most impressive new ride of 2008

HighExtreme

Re: Djurs Open Piraten by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 5/31/08 4:34:14 AM

Piraten opened nearly a month ago now, the general reviews are its a great coaster with a spot of airtime

Check out the many photos at World of Coasters

The webmaster says that the park had noticed him taking photos from the carpark, and invited him inside the middle of the ride area to take photos you wouldn't usually be able to take as a normal park guest - what a fantastic gesture on behalf of the park

HighExtreme

Re: Djurs Open Piraten by Graeme Graeme Profile at 6/2/08 10:25:55 AM

> Piraten opened nearly a month ago now, the general reviews
> are its a great coaster with a spot of airtime

Looks fantastic, like a mini Millennium Force, and I love the 4-car trains! Hopefully now medium-sized, non-looping coasters are coming into the public consciousness, and there is a consensus that they are a very good thing indeed.