Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Roller Coaster Tycoon Game

Roller Coaster Tycoon Game

Enaksa

Posted:
8/17/07 at
7:08:34 AM

Views: 22454

Just the other day i bought RCT from ebay and play it. My laptop is windows vista and it doesnt work as good as it should e.g it doesnt save or load games and everytime i want to do a new game it quit the game and comes up with a error on my desktop screen. Does anyone know what i should do to make it work better, e.g a patch download or something. also is there any cheats for this game. this is Roller Coaster Tycoon 1. i'm going to get the other 2 with expansions soon.

Peace Out-~- £naksa

User Submitted Picture
Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon Game by nick_fanta at 8/17/07 8:09:00 AM

is you laptop on a network ifso that will be the problem as your docs are stored on a server rather than locally.

also i would advise you to get the expansion packs with rct 3 they have a lot of patches built in as well as loads of cool tracks and other attractions

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon Game by Enaksa at 8/18/07 2:37:56 PM

I don't get any of that, can you explain it easier please.... also do u need to have roller coaster tycoon 2 to play roller coaster tycoon 3 and the expansions?? User Submitted Picture

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon Game by nick_fanta at 8/18/07 3:29:49 PM

thinking about it its probably a windows vista problem becouse the original rct games where made a while ago.
what i was refereing to was the fact that rct3 doesnot like laptops or computers that are connected where you documnets are stored somewhere else eg in a server such would be in a office however as you are probably a home use its more than likely its not compqatibly with windows vista

if you do change for rct3 (and it bl00dy cool) the reason i say get the added packs are because when it came out originaly there was loads of faults which where sorted in the animal park expansion

hope this helps nick

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon Game by Enaksa at 8/23/07 6:46:54 AM

So wait so what your saying is that i should get RCT3 and its expansions...? Do you need RCT2 to play RCT3 and also i found out that for each game it has at least to expansions... so does RCT3 include everything for RCT1's expansions and RCT2's expansions....?

Please can you leave me an email adress i might need help with the windows vista on my laptop..

BTW- in real life ive never been on rollercoaster... i Dont trust them (ever since i saw"Final destination 3") lol

Thanks for the help

~~~~Enaksa~~~~

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon Game by leon leon Profile at 8/23/07 7:14:39 AM

Right. Let me get this straight. You can't run Rollercoaster Tycoon normally under Vista because certain .DLL files are missing from Vista than on Rollercoaster Tycoon when it was released (win95/98). A good start would be to right click the Rollercoaster Tycoon Icon, click the compatibility tab along the top and then choose 'windows XP SP2' from the drop down menu. This may work, as RCT1 worked with XP before.

IF this fails then you are out of luck. The game is around 8 years old now, and graphics and other technical advances have come along way since then.

You should definatley buy RCT3 if you can - but be careful. You must have a decent 3D graphics card installed in your PC. As you have a laptop it is very unlikley that you have a dedicated 3D graphics card in it, so I'd guess this will not work, unless you have a fairly recent PC and/or with a dedicated 3D graphics card.

Also, what version of Vista are you running?

If you are running Vista Basic then there is absolutley no way that it will work (no DirectX 9.0 support).

IF you are running Vista Home Premium then it may work. The new 'Aero' interface requires a fairly good on-bard graphics card to run, so you may be in luck.

If you are running Vista Ultimate or anything higher then you are suggesting that you DO have a dedicated on-board graphics card, and with a little tweaking your games should run!!! :D

Hope that helps, without boring you ;)

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon Game by Enaksa at 9/18/07 3:04:50 PM

Lol That WAs borin XD.
Does anyone have a good RCT 3 that i could buy...? also what other fun rollercoaster themed games are out...? except for theme park world. Laterz and PEACE OUT

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon Game by rockmaster at 3/12/08 9:07:20 AM

I too get the same problem, I have e-mailed Atari but they only work with people in the US how helpful is that when you live outside the US? I get a message regarding debug when trying to save the game. Either which I end up going back to desktop and the game closes.
Too be honest I have got all of the RCT games but I don't like 2 or 3 as it's boring. There's a lot of fun in RCT1. With RCT3 you have to pay for staff every year which is a lot of hassle and it's too silly. The best thing you can do with RCT3 which you can't in the other series of the games you can go on the ride and see for yourself first hand of what it's really like and you have fireworks too but is it all necessary? You need a decent graphics card too. If anyone can bring out a patch for Vista this would be great at the moment it's like wait and see.

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon Game by adamf7777 at 3/31/08 2:12:51 AM

I have the same problem with my game. My laptop is also windows vista. I went to game and got the rct2 that had the sticker on it to say it was compatible and it still didn't work!

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon Game by britcitchris britcitchris Profile at 3/31/08 2:22:30 AM

Inside the manual (usually at the back) will be helpline numbers. On a couple of occassions, I have had to ring them and always found them very helpful. I spoke to technical people or possibly the developers themselves, as they cetainly knew what they were talking about. I remember picking up an old Rainbow Six game for the pc and I was concerned it would not work with XP. I rang a number on the back of the case and a chap on the end of the phone said if it would not work, to ring back and he would talk me through a solution. Give it a try, you have nothing to lose.