Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Pax Shuttle Coaster for Switzerland

Pax Shuttle Coaster for Switzerland

hatt

Posted:
1/18/07 at
5:35:38 AM

Views: 3045

The small country, home to B&M an Intamin finally recieves it's very first looping coaster: A shuttle coaster from the russian company Pax. Check the link for artwork and early construction pictures...

Lifthill Preview

Re: Pax Shuttle Coaster for Switzerland by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 1/18/07 10:12:45 AM

As much as i like Pax, this looks like OUCH!

Re: Pax Shuttle Coaster for Switzerland by Cal at 1/19/07 7:20:39 AM

It looks pretty cool to me. I'd give it a go! Well we all would, let's be honest.

Re: Pax Shuttle Coaster for Switzerland by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 1/25/07 3:42:59 PM

I think this looks like fun, but from a design POV, I wonder how long that reverse spike will stand before the stress forces the park to make it vertical.

Tim.

Re: Pax Shuttle Coaster for Switzerland by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 12/15/09 3:21:36 PM

So, after this ride was first announced in early 2005, much delayed due to bizarre problems PAX had with the Russian government (or something) the Cobra has finally had it´s first test-runs.

Like I said a few years ago above: I love Pax, but this looks like OUCH!

Now see for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5VBc-MTUGM
This doesn´t just look like OUCH, it looks WRONG! Although I am sure it kicks serious A55!

Cobraaaaahhhh!

Re: Pax Shuttle Coaster for Switzerland by the_winged_beast the_winged_beast Profile at 12/16/09 6:48:40 AM

> So, after this ride was first announced in early 2005, much
> delayed due to bizarre problems PAX had with the Russian
> government (or something) the Cobra has finally had it´s
> first test-runs.

Its taken a while for this one to be built, guess it's the disadvantage of buying from a Russian based manufacturer which is a shame as they have some "interesting" ideas

> Like I said a few years ago above: I love Pax, but this
> looks like OUCH!
> Now see for yourself: This doesn´t just look like OUCH,
> it looks WRONG! Although I am sure it kicks serious A55!

Thanks for the link Tricky, i love how the train actually hits the stopper at the end of the track!

I can imagine the drama of the train getting stuck on the inverted spike, hope they have a plan b if that happens

Re: Pax Shuttle Coaster for Switzerland by Corkscrew_Foley Corkscrew_Foley Profile at 12/24/09 11:28:23 AM

WOW! Thanks for the link, Tricky! What a sweet looking coaster, and I love how much hangtime you'll have on that inverted spike. Still, I have to agree with Stu how will they evacuate if the train gets stuck...

Tim.

Re: Pax Shuttle Coaster for Switzerland by LONNOL at 12/24/09 2:12:04 PM

Interesting looking ride. I just can't imagine buying anything from PAX. After a decade in the business they still seem like a joke when it comes to rides, esp. q/a.

Adam