Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Evolution Gets Stuck (Gt Yarmouth)

Evolution Gets Stuck (Gt Yarmouth)

Graeme Graeme Profile

Posted:
5/15/06 at
6:55:39 PM

Views: 1086

Imagine my surprise when, on the local news tonight (about 10.15pm), I saw Albert Jones! Unfortunately, it was because the new Evolution ride got stuck. Anyway, I don't think anyone was hurt. I'm sorry, I can't actually find a link, so you'll just have to take my word for it (filthy liar that I am normally!)

Re: Evolution Gets Stuck (Gt Yarmouth) by TrickTrack TrickTrack Profile at 5/16/06 1:14:09 AM

Is this an italian Evolution version?

Re: Evolution Gets Stuck (Gt Yarmouth) by Graeme Graeme Profile at 5/16/06 8:26:52 AM

> Is this an italian Evolution version?

Yes. I just found a quote from topbuzz (he knows a lot about fairs) in a previous topic:

"Axel's of Sweden of presenting their Fabbri Evolution ride for the 2006 season.

"The ride has been over in the UK before but only ever been presented on fairground."

Re: Evolution Gets Stuck (Gt Yarmouth) by jimllfixitfc at 5/16/06 8:31:50 AM

>I'm sorry, I can't actually find a link,
> so you'll just have to take my word for it (filthy liar
> that I am normally!)

Here's one!

That ride does look terribly dodgy anyway. Like most at GY Pleasurebeach.

An interesting bit is where it says "It is thought to have automatically locked in a power cut." Surely it can't be designed to lock upside down in that event. That doesn't sound terribly bright.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=17083533&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=ride-to-terror--name_page.html

Re: Evolution Gets Stuck (Gt Yarmouth) by Graeme Graeme Profile at 5/16/06 8:42:16 AM

Thanks for the link, Jim. I must say, I think all spinning rides/thrill rides that go upside-down are dodgy, in case they get stuck, which is why I was so sceptical of Thorpe's Slammer as well. I'm afraid the only upside-down rides I'll go on are coasters.

I feel sorry for the people on it, as although it was only six minutes, it does sound unpleasant. Shame for the Pleasure Beach to get bad publicity as well, as they always try to keep the place exciting with new rides.

I found a link of the ride for TrickTrack:

Evolution at the Pleasure Beach

Re: Evolution Gets Stuck (Gt Yarmouth) by Fraser Fraser Profile at 5/16/06 9:01:25 AM

And it made page 23 of the Times today!

Re: Evolution Gets Stuck (Gt Yarmouth) by Fraser Fraser Profile at 5/16/06 12:13:27 PM

And it made page 23 of the Times today!

Re: Evolution Gets Stuck (Gt Yarmouth) by Fraser Fraser Profile at 5/16/06 1:12:52 PM

> And it made page 23 of the Times today!

Apologies for double post. My bleeding XDA2i always does that for some reason.

Re: Evolution Gets Stuck (Gt Yarmouth) by nick_fanta at 5/16/06 1:13:55 PM

did any body else notice the small comment at the bottom

WORKERHugh Dow, 56, of , Northants, was decapitated while trying to fix a fault on a miniature railway in a tunnel at Gulliver's Land, Milton Keynes, last week.

Re: Evolution Gets Stuck (Gt Yarmouth) by jimllfixitfc at 5/16/06 2:35:18 PM

> did any body else notice the small comment at the bottom

> WORKERHugh Dow, 56, of , Northants, was decapitated while
> trying to fix a fault on a miniature railway in a tunnel at
> Gulliver's Land, Milton Keynes, last week.

Yeah, that was far worse news. Yet it only gets that bit at the bottom. And elsewhere there's news on a courtcase about that accident on hydro at Oakwood. A lot of negatives in news at moment.