Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Any info on Italy's Y2K B&M inverted?

Any info on Italy's Y2K B&M inverted?

Wendigo

Posted:
10/3/99 at
5:31:51 PM

Views: 1825

I read something on Screamscape yesterday about a B&M inverted being confirmed for the Italian theme park Mirabilandia. It's said to be a six looper and will be themed to a Mayan temple (I belive the coasters name, Kutan, is named after that winged snake that appears in Mayan artwork), other than that, how large this coaster is going to be remains a mystery. Will it be Batman sized, or will it be large, like Montu. And who owns Mirabilandia? We all know how expensive B&Ms are,even Batman clones cost a pretty penny to build. -Wendigo

Re: Any info on Italy's Y2K B&M inverted? by Cal at 10/5/99 7:21:32 AM

: I read something on Screamscape yesterday about
: a B&M inverted being confirmed for the
: Italian theme park Mirabilandia. It's said
: to be a six looper and will be themed to a
: Mayan temple (I belive the coasters name,
: Kutan, is named after that winged snake that
: appears in Mayan artwork), other than that,
: how large this coaster is going to be
: remains a mystery. Will it be Batman sized,
: or will it be large, like Montu. And who
: owns Mirabilandia? We all know how expensive
: B&Ms are,even Batman clones cost a pretty
: penny to build. -Wendigo

According to First Drop, it's Giovanola rather than B&M. Anyone else know anything?

Cal

Re: Any info on Italy's Y2K B&M inverted? by Wendigo at 10/5/99 5:47:19 PM

According to First Drop, it's Giovanola rather
: than B&M. Anyone else know anything? Cal

: Screamscape said it was B&M, but then again, I guess we all make mistakes. BTW, didn't Giovanola build that potable inverted that tours German fairs or was that Intamin? -Wendigo

Re: Any info on Italy's Y2K B&M inverted? by Cal at 10/6/99 12:15:20 PM

: According to First Drop, it's Giovanola rather

Giovanola did a lot of the steelwork for Intamin and B&M so they probably had a hand in Eurostar. It's officially Intamin though. Interestingly, it uses box backbone track and four across seating like a B&M rather than the two across seats and triangular track like Volcano and the new inverter in Spain. I wonder which Giovanola will go for? My bet's on the box track.

Cal