Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Europe trip

Europe trip

NJ Chris

Posted:
9/24/99 at
9:16:09 AM

Views: 1807

I'll be heading to Europe either during Fall 2000 or Spring 2001. As of right now, the trip will cover London, Paris, and Rome. I need to know how far some of the parks are from these cities and if they will be open when I'm there. I will list the main parks I want to go to but please feel free to mention any that you feel would also be worth a stop. Blackpool - the park I most want to go to in the world. Alton Towers - Nemesis looks awesome. Chessington - I love Arrow suspendeds. Disney Paris Parc Asterix Miribilandia Gardaland

NJ Chris.

Re: Europe trip by Cal at 9/24/99 12:41:51 PM

: I'll be heading to Europe either during Fall
: 2000 or Spring 2001. As of right now, the
: trip will cover London, Paris, and Rome. I
: need to know how far some of the parks are
: from these cities and if they will be open
: when I'm there. I will list the main parks I
: want to go to but please feel free to
: mention any that you feel would also be
: worth a stop. Blackpool - the park I most
: want to go to in the world. Alton Towers -
: Nemesis looks awesome. Chessington - I love
: Arrow suspendeds. Disney Paris Parc Asterix
: Miribilandia Gardaland NJ Chris.

That's a pretty good selection -- of course you can post again nearer your trip and I'll tell you about any new rides that might need a detour for. Blackpool's open from Mid March through to the start of November. Alton and Chessington open between April and the end of October (sometimes early November too, though not this year). DLP is open all year. Efteling, in Holland, is supposed to be a wonderful park in teh Disney style - well themed and beautiful although more family than thrill. Nearby is Walibi Flevo which has the very first Vekoma SLC (and it's pretty smooth) and a spaceshot. A woodie is on the cards in the next couple of years.

Cal

Re: Europe trip by NJ Chris at 9/24/99 12:58:50 PM

That's a pretty good selection -- of course you
: can post again nearer your trip and I'll
: tell you about any new rides that might need
: a detour for. Blackpool's open from Mid
: March through to the start of November.
: Alton and Chessington open between April and
: the end of October (sometimes early November
: too, though not this year). DLP is open all
: year. Efteling, in Holland, is supposed to
: be a wonderful park in teh Disney style -
: well themed and beautiful although more
: family than thrill. Nearby is Walibi Flevo
: which has the very first Vekoma SLC (and
: it's pretty smooth) and a spaceshot. A
: woodie is on the cards in the next couple of
: years. Cal

Thanks Cal. Can you tell me approximately how far the parks are from London ? Also, what are the temperatures like there in the Spring and Fall?

NJ Chris.

about Vampire and a question for Cal by Absimilliard Absimilliard Profile at 9/24/99 1:22:25 PM

Go the website called Moose coaster planet. Its will help you on your trip and its even got ride layout!

From what they say, Vampire is the most themed suspended ever ( better than BBW??? Must be real good!! ). Its also got a tunnel!!! However, the ride is only 70 feet tall ( because of the park height limit ), has only 2200 feet of tracks and 2 lifts.

In Italy, dont forget to ride the first custom SLC!

A question for Cal: what are the inversions on Goudurix?? I was looking at one of my old magazine in french and they showed a picture of it. Its shown 2 weirds inversions ( they called it a butterfly ) and a vertical loop. What are the others? Also, some others comments about Goudurix is that its rough only when you're really small. The Butterfly looks awesome!

Re: about Vampire and a question for Cal by Cal at 9/30/99 9:00:59 AM

: Go the website called Moose coaster planet. Its
: will help you on your trip and its even got
: ride layout! From what they say, Vampire is
: the most themed suspended ever ( better than
: BBW??? Must be real good!! ). Its also got a
: tunnel!!! However, the ride is only 70 feet
: tall ( because of the park height limit ),
: has only 2200 feet of tracks and 2 lifts.
: In Italy, dont forget to ride the first
: custom SLC! A question for Cal: what are
: the inversions on Goudurix?? I was looking
: at one of my old magazine in french and they
: showed a picture of it. Its shown 2 weirds
: inversions ( they called it a butterfly )
: and a vertical loop. What are the others?
: Also, some others comments about Goudurix is
: that its rough only when you're really
: small. The Butterfly looks awesome!

Yup, awesome pain to your brain! I've never ridden such a painful ride! There's the butterfly, a boomerang (Arrow rather than B&M style), loop and two corkscrews. I've got a couple of photos scanned in so if you'd like me to email them let me know. They're not great but they'll give you a rough idea.

Vampire is very well themed, but not the best Swing it has to be said. I'd rate it below Top Gun and Ninja but above Draggin Iron. Never done BBW.

Cal Cal

Re: about Vampire and a question for Cal by Cal at 9/30/99 9:03:32 AM

Yup, awesome pain to your brain! I've never
: ridden such a painful ride! There's the
: butterfly, a boomerang (Arrow rather than
: B&M style), loop and two corkscrews. I've
: got a couple of photos scanned in so if
: you'd like me to email them let me know.
: They're not great but they'll give you a
: rough idea. Vampire is very well themed,
: but not the best Swing it has to be said.
: I'd rate it below Top Gun and Ninja but
: above Draggin Iron. Never done BBW. Cal

Oh, I should say I'm just under 5'8" which isn't small but not quite tall enough to avoid banging. If you're over six foot then it's not as bad, apparently!

Cal

Re: Europe trip by Cal at 9/30/99 9:07:14 AM

: That's a pretty good selection -- of course you
: Thanks Cal. Can you tell me approximately
: how far the parks are from London ? Also,
: what are the temperatures like there in the
: Spring and Fall? NJ Chris.

Chessington is bout half an hour from London Waterloo station by train, so not far at all. You can get to Blackpool from Euston on Virgin Trains quite easily. It's about three hours I think, and maybe a little more by car depending on how fast you go and what the traffic's like. Alton Towers is two and a half hours by car from London. There are coach trips and a train that goes to a nearby station where you can catch a bus, but I have no idea how long these take. Oakwood is 3-4 hours by car. Don't know about train. It's worth the drive for MegaFobia though.

Cal

I'm 6'3, so i should not have any problems! by Absimilliard Absimilliard Profile at 10/3/99 8:39:50 PM

Could you send your pics to me? my e-mail is absimilliard@hotmail.com

Also, have you heard about a ride called Lethal Weapon Pursuit??? Its at Warner Brothers Movie World in Germany. Its has short 2 cars trains and its looks to have an heartline roll.