Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > VEKOMA IN EUROPE question??

VEKOMA IN EUROPE question??

joe (PCW)

Posted:
9/22/99 at
11:21:13 PM

Views: 1958

I know vekoma international is responsible for building some coasters in europe that we do not see in canada or the states. I know they built GOUDURIX, SPACE MOUNTAIN PARIS. but could anyone tell me what other customs they have built that are operating in europe (excluding SLC, boomerangs) and if you have any info or websites to show me, id appreciate it thanx.

take care

joe (pcw).

Re: VEKOMA IN EUROPE question?? by Cal at 9/23/99 6:36:40 AM

: I know vekoma international is responsible for
: building some coasters in europe that we do
: not see in canada or the states. I know they
: built GOUDURIX, SPACE MOUNTAIN PARIS. but
: could anyone tell me what other customs they
: have built that are operating in europe
: (excluding SLC, boomerangs) and if you have
: any info or websites to show me, id
: appreciate it thanx. take care joe (pcw).

Yup, there's a three inversion custom at Fantasy Island in the UK called the Millenium Coaster, which opened this year, Supposedly B&M smooth! (Although the design is not the most exciting).

Vekoma also built the Paris Big Thunder Mountain, which is fantastic - the best Big Thunder I've done (and I've done all except Japan), and a similar but even better ride at Phantasialand in Germany, which I've not done yet but am dying to do.

There's also a Vekoma Swing Coaster in Europe - I think it's Bobjaanland but not sure.

Cal

Re: VEKOMA IN EUROPE question?? by Absimilliard Absimilliard Profile at 9/23/99 2:06:30 PM

They did a custom!!!! SLC for a park in Italy. Its begins with the normal drop and Heart Shaped Double Inversion, then its goes in a vertical loop, a 180 turn, corkscrew, 180 turn and a 360 Helix before the final brakes. I saw that one and the layout on a web site ( I'll try to find the address ).

thanks guys for the info! (nm) by joe (PCW) at 9/23/99 10:04:07 PM

: They did a custom!!!! SLC for a park in Italy.
: Its begins with the normal drop and Heart
: Shaped Double Inversion, then its goes in a
: vertical loop, a 180 turn, corkscrew, 180
: turn and a 360 Helix before the final
: brakes. I saw that one and the layout on a
: web site ( I'll try to find the address ).