Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > How tall is Odyssey 2001?

How tall is Odyssey 2001?

Big Drop

Posted:
9/13/99 at
4:47:07 PM

Views: 240

I know that the coaster is 4500 feet long and the tallest loop is 197 feet on this Vekoma coaster. But what is its height? Just what exactly does the tallest looping coaster in the world mean?

Re: How tall is Odyssey 2001? by Cal at 9/14/99 6:49:52 AM

: I know that the coaster is 4500 feet long and
: the tallest loop is 197 feet on this Vekoma
: coaster. But what is its height? Just what
: exactly does the tallest looping coaster in
: the world mean?

Where d'you get this info from? I've not heard any actual statistics so far. I'm assuming they mean tallest inverter, so they only have to beat Alpengeist's 195 feet.

Cal

Re: How tall is Odyssey 2001? by Big Drop at 9/14/99 5:36:47 PM

Where d'you get this info from? I've not heard
: any actual statistics so far. I'm assuming
: they mean tallest inverter, so they only
: have to beat Alpengeist's 195 feet. Cal
The source is the electronic edition of the Telegraph. The site is: www.telegraph.co.uk. Issue number is 1569, Saturday 11th. Title of the article is " Theme Park can Build Biggest Ride in the World."

A Vekoma record breaker, hmmm.... by jess at 9/14/99 7:17:53 PM

: I know that the coaster is 4500 feet long and
: the tallest loop is 197 feet on this Vekoma
: coaster. But what is its height? Just what
: exactly does the tallest looping coaster in
: the world mean?

Agh the pain, I hope Vekoma changes their track and seating for this coaster if it's true. Is their such thing as a Vekoma custom made coaster for a park and not just cloned? Oh yeah, does the Great Nor' Easter have the same layout as Mind Eraser, if it doesn't then that would be the only one, I think. Their could be others. Personaly, I would want a B&M invert if they were going 2 be building a record breaker.

Re: How tall is Odyssey 2001? by Lyndon at 10/3/99 7:37:04 PM

: Where d'you get this info from? I've not heard
: The source is the electronic edition of the
: Telegraph. The site is: www.telegraph.co.uk.
: Issue number is 1569, Saturday 11th. Title
: of the article is " Theme Park can
: Build Biggest Ride in the World." Have they actually claimed the "tallest INVERTER" or is the tallest SLC .... that would be something altogether different !

Re: How tall is Odyssey 2001? by David Scott at 10/19/99 11:54:50 AM

It depends on whats being talked about- The Kumba @ Busch Gardens, Tampa Bay has currently got the tallest vertical loop, while Alpengeist @ Busch Gardens Williamsburg has the tallest inverted vertical loop. As for Odyssey 2001, we'll have to wait.