Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Europe Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Disneyland Paris Opinions

Disneyland Paris Opinions

Raptor Timmy

Posted:
9/11/99 at
4:26:20 PM

Views: 2040

Have the Europeans finally embraced Disney yet? From what I have read it seems this park compares to the American parks quite nicely?

Re: Disneyland Paris Opinions by Wendigo at 9/12/99 4:52:05 PM

: Have the Europeans finally embraced Disney yet?
: From what I have read it seems this park
: compares to the American parks quite nicely?

: I've heard its popularity picked up ever since Space Mountain opened about four tears ago. As for my opinion on the park itself, (I went there in 1994), well its got the best version of BTMR, an interesting twist for POTC (the story is told in reverse with the pirates in jail at the beginning and the skeleton cave at the end) and a very different kind of Haunted Mansion (called Phantom Manor in the DLP version) in the fact that it has a story dealing with a man who marries a ghost (apparently, its based on Disney's original plan for the ride). And I've also been to Europe's other major theme park, Port Aventura, about a month ago. Very beautiful park, kind of like a more lavish version of the Anhiesur Busch parks (they hepled with some of the parks construction) with some interesting shows, a trio of cool water rides, (the volcano themed Shoot-the-Chutes ride Takuki Splash being my favorite) and of course its two great coasters, Stampida and Dragon Khan. Plus, while the French seem to hate DLP, the Spanish seem to love PA. While DLP's visitors seemed to be mostly British, American and German tourists, Port Aventura's patrons had a lot of Spaniards in addition to the outsiders during my visit. -Wendigo

Re: Disneyland Paris Opinions by Cal at 9/13/99 7:13:29 AM

I'd agree with Wendingo. It has the best Space and BT Mountains, and Pirates (in my opinion - that has a couple of nice drops) but is short on a lot of rides. No Splash Mountain (tto cold, apparently, though I think that's nonsense), no Jungle Cruise (too many languages), lots of little rides missing (they have Snow White, Pinnocchio and Peter Pan plus a couple of small outdoor ones) . I like the original DL best but DLP is good for a daytrip, and Parc Asterix isn't far at all so you can go and do lots of rides on Tonnerre de Zeus, which is wonderful.

Cal User Submitted Picture

RCCGB