This historic wooden roller coaster at the Puyallup Fairgrounds operates only during The Spring Fair and the end of summer Puyallup Fair. Named Coaster Thrill Ride, this roller coaster was originally a side-friction coaster designed by John A. Miller. Destroyed by fire in the 1940s, Walker LeRoy was commissioned in 1950 to redesign the roller coaster that you ride today. Coaster Thrill Ride's three Prior & Church trains were purchased from Happyland in Vancouver where they previously ran on the Giant Dipper roller coaster. The three eight car, 16-passenger trains were rebuilt and restored prior to being placed in service.
|1935||Wood||Double Out and Back||John A. Miller, Walter LeRoy|
|Height: 57 feet||Drop: 52 feet|
|Angle Of Descent: 63 degrees||Top Speed: 50 mph|
|Length: 2,650 feet||Trains: 3 - 16 passenger|
|Train Mfg: Prior & Church||Ride Time: 1 minute, 45 seconds|
1991 - Restored
1950 - The original side friction coaster was converted to a standard one by Walker LeRoy.
Trains named: Blaz'n Blue, Ol' Yeller and Or'nry Orange.
Train has eight cars with one row each, seating two abreast per row.
Ride capacity: 1,300 passengers per hour
Height requirement: Riders must be at least 48 inches tall
Find Where to Coast™ with Ultimate Rollercoaster® Database
Where to Coast™, Rollercoaster Yellowpages™ are trademarks of Ultimate Rollercoaster®.